If you are experiencing connection problems (WebDX) primarily, here is a helpful list of things to check.
- Have your refreshed your browser or reboot your PC yet?
- Are you using Google Chrome?
- Is your Google Chrome up to date? (We have seen chrome claim that it’s up to date when in fact it was not) You can see the latest versions here: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/chrome
- Is your Operating System supported? http://www.remotehamradio.com/knowledge-base/supported-operating-systems/
- Are you powering on a station with “Power On” (The first option) or are you powering on with “Power On (With K3)” The latter is only valid when using a K3 + RemoteRig only.
- Have you disabled any Virus/Spyware software running on your system? You may have to add an exception for https://my.remotehamradio.com
- Do you have any Chrome Extensions installed in your browser? If so, disable/delete them. We have seen a number of extensions cause problems (VPN and proxy are common problematic extensions)
- Do you have a USB microphone connected to your PC? If you don’t, you may get an error, you can try to power on a station with “Power on (no Mic)” for testing in this case.
- Is your internet connection currently stable? You can check out this site: https://ismyinternetworking.com
- How about your bandwidth?
- http://speedtest.xfinity.com (Great if you are on the Xfinity/Comcast network)
- Your local ISP may have a local speediest tool for best results.
If you pass all these tests and still have problems, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org